Hardcover, 346 Pages.
Tips, Tactics, and Techniques for Ducks and Geese
Waterfowling is one of the more challenging forms of hunting. Requiring an intimate knowledge of the quarry in specialized gear—from shotguns and ammo to decoys, calls, blinds, and boats—and taking place in a variety of terrains—from the fields of Manitoba to the flooded timber of Arkansas, it’s the type of sport that gets in your blood and stays there. InThe Ultimate Guide to Waterfowl Hunting, all aspects of this sport are covered by three authors who have intimate knowledge of how to hunt ducks and geese successfully. Chapters within this book cover dozens of topics, with special attention devoted to:
- Identifying the many and various species of waterfowl
- Methods for decoying and calling in a variety of situations
- Advice on how to choose the best gear for the situation at hand
- Theories and practices of retriever training and handling
- Tips on hunting in different types of weather, from rain and snow to bluebird skies
- How to choose the correct guns and loading
- Plus tips on blind placement in water or on land
With more than a hundred photographs expertly illuminating the realities of waterfowl hunting, The Ultimate Guide to Waterfowl Huntingis sure to help hunters of all skill levels bag their biggest catches yet.