Softcover, 300 Pages.
Fishing is many things to many people. To some, quietly dangling a worm for a sunfish in a local farm pond is not only exciting, but relaxing and reflective. To others, it's all about the adventure of traveling to exotic locales and fishing for ten-pound rainbow trout in Alaska or 100-pound tarpon in Central America. To others, it's an integral part of life, not just a pastime but something to live for. Still others feel compelled to write about it, to try to understand this sport that grips so many. In this collection, you'll read works from celebrated writers that aim to explore the mysterious grip that fishing has held on so many of us. Within these pages, the reader can:
- Join Rudyard Kipling as he chases a cow that has stolen his minnow
- Examine the philosophical side of angling with Thaddeus Norris
- Fish the Ohio River with John James Audubon
- Learn what it's like to fish for Great Lakes steelhead with Jerry Hamza
- Get used to fishing alongside Alaskan brown bears with Richard Chiappone
- And many more fishing escapades!
With more than three dozen photographs and illustrations that masterfully bring these stories to life, Incredible Fishing Stories is a must-have for every angler looking to share in the joy of their chosen sport.
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." -Herbert Hoover
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.